#Source2Sea Week of Action: 3-11 September 2022
Help us tackle marine litter from source this September.
80% of all marine litter comes from land, where litter is washed into gutters, blown into streams or carelessly discarded. This means that litter in our streets and parks is not only costly to clean up but is a threat to the marine environment.
That's why we are organising a #Source2Sea Week of Action from 3-11 September 2022. We’re encouraging everyone to take action along a waterway near them to prevent litter ending up in the sea.
Here's how you can get involved:
- Organise a Clean Up and add it to our Clean Up Scotland map for others to join
- Get in touch with a local Community Clean Up Hub or Anchor Group to borrow equipment and see if there are any events you can join
- Complete a litter survey to help us gather valuable data near you.
- If you're a school, check out our marine litter online resources for your class.
- Spread the word, help us encourage more activity to prevent litter ending up in our seas.