Did you know that 90% of plastic in Scottish seas comes from Scottish littering on land? And that it's estimated 46% of the plastic entering the sea from the land on the east coast comes from the Forth catchment.
In Scotland we will be capturing litter from the Forth and its tributaries across Edinburgh, Fife, Falkirk, Clackmannanshire and Stirling. We are looking to work with schools, communities and businesses to raise awareness of this problem and tackle it head on. So, come Forth and make sure you sign up to our Clean Up Scotland newsletter to stay up-to-date on what the Treasure Your River crew will be up to and how you can get involved.
The Forth in Stirling
Kincardine Bridge crossing the Forth
The iconic Forth Rail Bridge
Join our crew at an event
- 30th July, Stirling at Forth Valley College. Meet at 2pm for a walk along the river and a litter pick. Make sure you sign up here
- W/C 23rd August. Robot boats are coming to the Forth & Clyde Canal. More details to follow.
- W/C 30th August. We will be creating art out of waste at Starbank Park, Edinburgh. More details to follow.
- 13-20 Sept: Source 2 Sea Week of Action - register your events and we can help you increase your crew.
- 19th September. Talk Like A Pirate Day. Dress up as a pirate and create or join an event. Or why not help us gather data on litter levels along the Forth near you?