Food and the Environment
Our professional learning course on Food & the Environment aims to improve your confidence in using sustainable food as a context for learning across the curriculum, particularly through practical action, outdoor learning, and Learning for Sustainability. Using food choices for individual health we explore how they can also be healthy for people and places elsewhere.
As teachers, head teachers and other educators work to secure every learner's entitlement to Learning for Sustainability, this Food and the Environment professional learning programme provides the opportunity to develop professional knowledge, confidence and skills in relation to the social justice and sustainability aspects of the GTCS Standards.
- Improve practitioner confidence in using sustainable food as a context for learning across the curriculum
- Inspire enthusiasm and curiosity to explore and reconnect with what you eat
- Promote enhanced practice in learning and teaching which supports children to develop their value systems about food and make informed choices
- Improve understanding of the wider context of our food systems and choices
- Offer practical ideas, resources and materials to support food growing, cooking and eating activities with young people
Suitable for practitioners working in nursery, primary and secondary contexts, the current presentation of this course is for Early Years educators and we are delighted to be working with 20 practitioners from 10 Nursery settings across Stirling District.
It is particularly relevant for those leading on Better Eating Better Learning, Skills for Work and Life, Learning for Sustainability and Good Food Nation initiatives. To express interest in future offerings of this professional learning programme, for your school or local authority send an email, with Food & the Environment PLP in the subject line, confirming your contact details to email@example.com.
The current presentation of this course is for Early Years educators and we are delighted to be working with practitioners from early years settings across Stirling District. The course is being delivered as four twilight sessions and one in-service day, accompanied by online course content delivered via Moodle.
Have a look at our Events listings for details of this course and other upcoming dates.