Using Your Skills & Latest News
ECO-SCHOOLS 25TH ANNIVERSARY VIDEO CAMPAIGN
In 2019, the Eco-Schools programme entered its 25th year of engaging young people in taking positive actions that transform them for life. Eco-Schools aims to provide every child with the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values necessary to shape a sustainable future by integrating priority sustainable development issues into teaching and learning. The video campaign is an opportunity to showcase the quality and depth of learning through Eco-Schools and make verbal commitments to sustainable development.
WHAT ARE WE ASKING YOU TO DO?
- Using your smartphone we want you to make a short video clip
- The length of this clip should be 15-60 seconds long (and no mor)
- We want you to talk directly to the camera (keep your camera in portrait position)
YOUR VIDEO MUST USE THE CAMPAIGN STATEMENTS BELOW
- If I was the Prime Minister I would … / If I was the President of my country I would …
- If I was a Superhero I would …
- Every day I … (positive action description)
If you are feeling creative while filming and have a different idea, we are happy to see it! Please submit both a version aligned with the campaign slogans above and your own.
- People being filmed can be sitting down or standing but always talking to the camera.
- Ideally they can say their whole message in one take.
- Sound must be clear and audible. Test the image and audio before you record your final product.
- Natural lighting is best – the video can be shot outside as well. If you have to turn the lights on then it is the wrong room to be filming in.
- If you have an DSLR video camera please be encouraged to use this!
- Go and film some examples to start with to see what works and what doesn't work.
- Choose the people you record wisely, as those who are not relaxed in front of the camera will be less likely to deliver their messages.
- When filming remember to do a test run first, to see how it looks and sounds. Remember you can always ask people to do it again if you feel they could do it in a more compelling way.
- Make sure they take their time and do not rush saying their message.
- Shoot as many versions until you are happy with your media product!
- Reading from a paper in front of you – it can put off the viewer. Look into the eyes of the viewer/into the camera!
- Filming on a location with background noise (e.g. school yard in the middle of a break, gym, etc.) might affect the recorded audio.
PRESS PACK / SOCIAL MEDIA SUPPORT
All social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) resources are available on the Campaign Google Drive folder, including:
- Sample campaign videos
- Social media post copy
- Social media postcards
- Social media banners
- Video about Eco-Schools
- Media Consent form
#ecoschools25 #ivegotthepower #ecoleaders
I’ve got the power!
..Join the generation that acts!
*Please edit and adapt to suit your language and culture requirements.
This video campaign runs from 11 March to 3rd May and is open to pupils, teachers, all school and university staff, volunteers, students - to voice a message to the global community; that it only takes an idea told out loud to engage ourselves and our political leaders in positive actions!
SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY
1. Go to: Entries page
2. Download and fill in the Media Consent form (mandatory).
3. Fill in the details and attach your media file and Media Consent form.
5. Download your 25th Anniversary Certificate of Participation upon submission.
6. Share your video on your social media using the campaign hashtags and taglines.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
All videos have to be uploaded on the Entries page. The best videos chosen by Eco-Schools Global will be edited and shared on the Eco-Schools Global website, social media, and part of a release of a campaign video compilation.