Using Your Skills & Latest News
What would a Beautiful Scotland Look Like in 2030
In 2015, world leaders agreed to 17 Sustainable Development Goals for a better world by 2030. These goals have the power to end poverty, fight inequality and stop climate change.
What problems might these goals solve by then? How could you help?
Send in a video clip telling us what you think a beautiful Scotland would look like in 2030.
How to share your thoughts:
- Open to all young people up to age 26
- Entries welcome at any time during the Year of Young People 2018
- Video should be a maximum of 30 seconds in length
- Email your video to email@example.com
Find out more about our work with young people and how you can help us to keep Scotland beautiful:
2019 will mark 25 years of the International YRE programme, and we would like your help to celebrate our 25th anniversary! We are challenging our YRE students and alumni from around the world to develop catchy one-minute videos highlighting what YRE is all about. This is a great opportunity to show off what our passionate YRE youth can do!
As a competition participant, you get the chance to share your knowledge of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD), the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the YRE programme. You also get to improve your journalistic, creative, and critical thinking skills, and to showcase local positive sustainable development activities to a global audience. We will present the winning videos over the course of 2019 in conjunction with our other 25th anniversary activities.
We are looking for 25 winning videos that address at least one of the following topics:
- YRE as a programme (e.g. tell the story of YRE, its goals and steps, how to become a Young Reporter)
- The 17 SDGS (inform about one or more of the SDGs and show how to address them through practical activities)
- YRE and positive Sustainable Development actions (show some of the activities taken by YRE to protect the environment, e.g. collecting litter or other campaigns)
- Your experience with YRE (show how the programme has influenced your life)
- YRE at Missions, conferences, events, etc.
- An interesting example of sustainable development activities from your town, school, neighbourhood, etc.
- The video should present the joy of the programme and the passion of Young Reporters (YOU!)
- Don’t forget that YRE is about people and for people. This is an opportunity to show a story about the people building the YRE network and the emotions that drive YRE as programme on education on sustainable development.
- The video should be maximum 1 minute in length
- The video must be in a form compatible with YouTube
We will announce the 25 winning videos on 18 January 2019. Winners will receive a certificate and their videos will be published on YRE websites, social media, and newsletters. Many YRE countries will also publish the videos on their national platforms.
The creators of the three best videos will be awarded with photo devices, like a GoPro camera, video camera, or photo camera. The three winning videos will be determined by votes from YRE National Operators and by likes on social media. We will announce the top three winners at the end of the 25th anniversary year, in January 2020.
Declaration of consent for processing of personal information and use of video submitted
When signing up to this competition, you agree that we can process your personal data provided in this submission form and given to us during the competition. We process the data so that we can register your participation, judge the submission and save what you have submitted and publish your submission if you are chosen as a winner. All winners will be saved in our archives.
You always have the option to withdraw your consent and your submission to the competition.
The Data Controller is:
Foundation for Environmental Education
Scandiagade 13, 2450 Copenhagen SV, DENMARK
+45 70 22 24 27
The submission deadline is 18 December 2018. The original file should be sent directly to YRE International (firstname.lastname@example.org) either through WeTransfer or Google Drive.