Climate Ready Classrooms
Climate change is one of the defining issues of our time and its impacts will be felt in Scotland and globally. Navigating the science behind climate change and the actions which individuals can take to reduce their carbon footprint can be daunting for young people and adults alike.
The Climate Ready Classrooms project prepares young people to join a national network of carbon literate ambassadors who plan and act on climate change issues within their own schools and communities. It is a one-day accredited carbon literacy training course for secondary schools which has been designed for young people aged 14–17 years, along with their teachers, head teachers, CLD practitioners and youth and children’s workers.
Our Climate Ready Classrooms project will support your school to:
- Adopt a whole-school approach to climate action, creating meaningful hands-on learning opportunities.
- Reduce your carbon footprint, with the potential to save money through more efficient resource use.
- Create a network of connections, supporting young people towards future employment.
- Support planning for choices and change through Curriculum for Excellence.
- Develop STEM skills and support the Developing the Young Workforce agenda.
- Receive an accredited certificate of Carbon Literacy.
- Develop evidence which can support an application for an Eco-Schools Scotland Green Flag.