Coronavirus Diary Activity
What is a Global Citizen? A Global Citizen is someone who:
- is aware of the wider world and has a sense of their own role as a world citizen.
- respects and values diversity.
- has an understanding of how the world works.
- is outraged by social injustice.
- participates in the community at a range of levels, from the local to the global.
- is willing to act to make the world a more equitable and sustainable place.
- takes responsibility for their actions.
- Pen or pencil
Following on from the previous activity on ‘Children’s Rights’. You are now going to tell your story during this coronavirus pandemic. Just like Adline told us about his life in Haiti.
Now, you must tell us about yours, and how it has changed since you stopped going to school. What do you miss? What has happened since going into lockdown? What do you think will happen when you go back to school? What do you think will happen in the future once normal life resumes? Are there any positives that could come from this or only negatives?
Try your best to answer these questions and any other you can think of. How has this all affected you and what can we learn for the future.
You can create a movie (similar to what Adline did), or a poster, a poem, a voice recording, anything you can think of that will let other people know around the world how this pandemic is affecting you and your family.