About Action Plans
We would like you to develop an Action Plan for Litter plus your chosen two topics. This plan will detail how projects will be Measured, how the Community will be involved, and any links to your chosen Sustainable Development Goal.
Your Action Plan is a working document and should be updated throughout your Green Flag journey. Please use the template we provide as this is the easiest way to gather the information required for your application.
We will ask you to upload your Action Plan at two points during your Green Flag Journey:
The first time will be at the beginning of your journey, once you have decided which topics to work on. You only need to complete the first five columns of the Action Plan at this stage - you will complete the last column of the template when you move into the Measuring part of your journey. Your Action Plan will be sent to an Eco-Schools Assessor to approve before you continue your Green Flag Journey so that we can provide any support needed.
The second time will be at the end of your Green Flag journey when you are ready to submit your complete application.
Remember that work on other initiatives such as the John Muir Award, Rights Respecting Schools, or Fair Trade Schools Award can all be included in your Action Plan under relevant Eco-Schools topics.
Your Action Plan should:
- Be developed by pupils using the results of your Environmental Review and suggestions from the rest of the school.
- Include projects for Litter and your chosen two topics.
- Be a working document, updated regularly by pupils as much as possible.
- Be displayed on your Eco-Schools noticeboard in a pupil friendly format.
- Include how your projects will be Measured.