Green Flag Award
Your Green Flag Application
The length of your Green Flag Application will differ depending on whether you are applying for your First Green Flag Award, Rejoining, or Renewing. You can learn more about the differences and what is required by clicking on the links below.
Environmental Review | Award Criteria
- The Environmental Review is carried out by your Eco-Committee. You can use our template if you like.
- Carry out your Environmental Review at the start of each Green Flag Journey.
- The Environmental Review involves as many pupils as possible and results are shared with the rest of your establishment.
- The results are used to inform your Action Plan.
Measuring | Award Criteria
- Your Eco-Committee ensures that evaluation of action is ongoing and appropriate to the activity.
- You will need one example of Measuring for our Core Topic (Litter) and your chosen two topics.
- All pupils and staff are updated and given the opportunity to discuss and debate progress.
- Your Eco-Committee builds on successes and decides what to do when activities are not successful.
- Measuring is an opportunity to develop skills from across the curriculum. For example, STEM, Developing the Young Workforce, Numeracy.
Community | Award Criteria
- Your Eco-Schools activities are displayed on your Eco-Schools noticeboard.
- Your Eco-Schools activities are shared with the wider community. For example; displays, social media, website, newsletter, local press.
- The wider community is involved in the activities going on in the school where possible. For example; partnerships with other schools, local businesses, charities or other community organisations.