Green Flag Award
Sustainable Development Goals
Through Eco-Schools Scotland, we would like you to join with the rest of the world in working towards achieving the 17 Sustainable Development Goals by 2030 and we know that young people in Scottish schools can help make this happen!
During the Green Flag Journey, each applicant chooses a Sustainable Development Goal as their overarching theme for the application. Learn more about the Sustainable Development Goals and the role they play by clicking below.
Environmental Review | Award Criteria
- The Environmental Review is carried out by your Eco-Committee. You can use our template if you like.
- Carry out your Environmental Review at the start of each Green Flag Journey.
- The results of your Environmental Review are shared with the rest of your establishment.
Measuring | Award Criteria
- Your Eco-Committee ensures that evaluation of action is ongoing and appropriate to the activity.
- You will need one example of Measuring for our Core Topic (Litter) and your chosen two topics.
- All pupils and staff are updated and given the opportunity to discuss and debate progress.
- Your Eco-Committee builds on successes and decides what to do when activities are not successful.
- Measuring is an opportunity to develop skills from across the curriculum. For example, STEM, Developing the Young Workforce, Numeracy.
Community | Award Criteria
- Your Eco-Schools activities are displayed on your Eco-Schools noticeboard.
- Your Eco-Schools activities are shared with the wider community. For example; displays, social media, website, newsletter, local press.
- The wider community is involved in the activities going on in the school where possible. For example; partnerships with other schools, local businesses, charities or other community organisations.