We take a number of steps to ensure that the Climate Challenge Fund Gathering is as sustainable as possible.
The Gathering was webcast live to help cut the need to travel to the event. Webcast sessions will include the Conference Welcomes, Climate Snapshots, Keynote and Plenary Speakers, plus the afternoon summing up. Those watching the livestream had the ability to join in by asking questions online.
You can now view recordings of the webcast.
We encouraged all delegates to choose sustainable travel for their journey to and from the venue, Dynamic Earth (112-116 Holyrood Road, Edinburgh EH8 8AS):
- Cycling and Walking: Located at the bottom of Holyrood Road, neighbouring the Scottish Parliament and the Palace of Holyrood House, Dynamic Earth is an approximate 15 minute walk from the city centre (Princes Street). Dynamic Earth is also close to the National Cycle Network. To find the nearest cycling and walking routes click here: www.sustrans.co.uk
- Local Bus Routes: Within Edinburgh, take the local Lothian Buses No. 35 & 6 or any Edinburgh City sightseeing bus tour.
- Car Charging Points: Dynamic Earth has its own electric car charge point for public use. Electricity is free. Standard car park charges do apply.
- Lift shares: We anticipate delegates attending from across Scotland. We have set up a group on Tripshare to facilitate Lift sharing to the venue. Visit the SEStran Tripshare website and join the 'Tripshare Sestran Conference and Event Liftshare community' - use the code 51501 when prompted. You will need to create an account on Liftshare first to do this.
Our menu for the day will focused on sustainable, lower carbon food. Where possible we:
- Chose locally sourced, in season Scottish produce.
- Outlined the origin of the food served on the menu
We worked to reduce, reuse and recycle waste from the event.
- No disposable crockery or cutlery was used at the conference.
- We separated out all discarded handouts to be reused.
- Recycling points were made available throughout the venue.
- The venue monitored waste produced as a result of the Conference and presented us with a report.
- Takeaway cartons were provided to help minimise food waste and we'll be served soft drinks leftover from the CCF Awards at the Gathering.
More on sustainability
- Through our administration, outreach and procurement, we aim to support and promote the ethos of the Climate Challenge Fund by helping to improve the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of communities. You can read more in our case study.