We take a number of steps to ensure that the Climate Challenge Fund Gathering is as sustainable as possible.
The Gathering will be webcast live to help cut the need to travel to the event. Webcast sessions will include the Conference Welcomes, Climate Snapshots, Keynote and Plenary Speakers, plus the afternoon summing up. Those watching the livestream will have the ability to join in by asking questions online. Further details of how to login to the webcast will be released in due course.
We encourage all delegates that do attend to choose sustainable travel for their journey to and from the venue, Dynamic Earth (112-116 Holyrood Road, Edinburgh EH8 8AS):
- Cycling and Walking: Located at the bottom of Holyrood Road, neighbouring the Scottish Parliament and the Palace of Holyrood House, Dynamic Earth is an approximate 15 minute walk from the city centre (Princes Street). Dynamic Earth is also close to the National Cycle Network. To find the nearest cycling and walking routes click here: www.sustrans.co.uk
- Local Bus Routes: Within Edinburgh, take the local Lothian Buses No. 35 & 6 or any Edinburgh City sightseeing bus tour.
- Car Charging Points: Dynamic Earth has its own electric car charge point for public use. Electricity is free. Standard car park charges do apply.
- Lift shares: We anticipate delegates attending from across Scotland. We have set up a group on Tripshare to facilitate Lift sharing to the venue. Visit the SEStran Tripshare website and join the 'Tripshare Sestran Conference and Event Liftshare community' - use the code 51501 when prompted. You will need to create an account on Liftshare first to do this.
Our menu for the day will focus on sustainable, lower carbon food. Where possible we will:
- Choose locally sourced, in season Scottish produce.
- Outline the origin of the food served on the menu.
We are working to reduce, reuse and recycle waste from the event.
- No disposable crockery or cutlery will used at the conference.
- We will separate out all discarded handouts to be reused.
- Recycling points will be made available throughout the venue.
- The venue will monitor waste produced as a result of the Conference and present us with a report.
- Takeaway cartons will be provided to help minimise food waste and we'll be serving any soft drinks leftover from the CCF Awards at the Gathering.
More on sustainability
- Through our administration, outreach and procurement, we aim to support and promote the ethos of the Climate Challenge Fund by helping to improve the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of communities. You can read more in our case study.