We are committed to ensuring the sustainability of the Climate Challenge Fund Gathering.
- Webcast - We will be webcasting all the sessions in the Auditorium, plus two of the workshops with the facility to ask questions to allow remote access to the event. Access the webcast player page here.
We encourage all CCF Gathering attendees to choose sustainable travel for their journey to and from the venue, PERTH CONCERT HALL, MILL STREET, PERTH, PH1 5HZ.
- Cycling and Walking - Located in Perth City Centre, the venue is easily accessible by foot and bike. To find the nearest cycling and walking routes see www.sustrans.co.uk
- Local Bus Routes - Perth bus station is located approximately 0.4 miles (0.7km) from the centre of Perth. A map showing the best route to walk can be found There are many local bus services which link the centre of Perth and the surrounding area. The provides details about timetables and routes.
- EV car charging points - The Perth and Kinross Council website has details of charge points in Perth and more widely across Perth and Kinross.
- Lift shares - We anticipate delegates attending from across Scotland. Please post details of any lifts wanted or offered on the CCF Facebook page.
- Parking - Please see the Perth Parking Guide for various options.
- Traveline Scotland - further information on planning your journey.
Our menu for the day will focus on vegetarian, sustainable, lower carbon food. Where possible we will:
- Choose locally sourced, in season Scottish produce.
- Outline the origin of the food served on the menu.
Print and production
- The conference programme will be printed on 100% recycled FSC paper using vegetable-based inks. Carbon emissions generated by printing will be offset by planting broadleaved trees in a local community woodland.
- The Keep Scotland Beautiful offices use a supplier that produces 100% renewable energy.
We will work to to reduce, reuse and recycle waste from the event:
- No disposable crockery or cutlery will be used at the Gathering.
- We will separate out all discarded handouts to be reused and ask you to return your name badges.
- Recycling points will be made available throughout the venue.
- We will work with the venue to minimise food waste and supply takeaway cartons.
More on sustainability
- Through our administration, outreach and procurement, we aim to support and promote the ethos of the Climate Challenge Fund by helping to improve the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of communities.