Find out more about Development Grants.
The Scottish Government's Climate Challenge Fund (CCF) is currently closed to new applications.
About Development Grants
Development Grants were available in 2018/19 to help community-led organisations to scope out a potential climate action project with the aim of subsequently completing a CCF Grant application or an application to another funder.
Development Grants have supported activity including:
- A consultation event
- Planning or developing a project using ‘Shifting Normal’ methodology
- Training, including on the ‘Shifting Normal’ methodology that should be used to plan and develop CCF projects
- Expenses relating to a Climate Conversations event
- The costs associated with visiting, or working with, a current or previously funded CCF project
- Engaging a mentor to support project development / implementation
- Expenses relating to organising a Climate Conversation event.
Using ‘Shifting Normal’
Shifting Normal is designed to help community-led organisations tackling climate change maximise their success by taking account of how change happens when planning, carrying out and reviewing their activities. Shifting Normal is informed by the Individual Social and Material (ISM) approach to behaviour change and draws on the experience of community-led organisations to help understand better how change happens, and to use this knowledge to work towards positive change.
We have produced further guidance on how to use Shifting Normal including a video guide.
Please contact your Development Officer if you are a current CCF Grant Recipient. All other community-led organisations should call 01786 471333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org