Applying for CCF funding
Find out more about applying for funding through the Scottish Government's Climate Challenge Fund.
The Climate Challenge Fund (CCF) is currently closed to applications.
To be eligible to apply for any CCF funding organisations needed to be:
- Scottish based
- Led by the community
- Operating on a not for profit basis, or a trading company wholly owned by a not for profit organisation (For 2018-2020 profit making organisations are eligible to apply to the CCF on the condition that they are wholly owned by a Scottish based not for profit organisation.)
- Legally constituted (Your organisation will need to be legally constituted by the time you submit your Final Application.)
The type of community-led organisations from which we have received applications includes, but is not limited to:
Arts groups, sports clubs, community councils, faith groups, student unions, residents associations, local charities, food groups, community-led housing associations, development trusts, youth groups and schools.
CCF Development Grants - up to £1,500
Due to high levels of demand the final deadline for Development Grants was 15 September 2017.
Development Grants of up to £1,500 have been available to help community-led organisations to scope out a potential climate action project, with the aim of subsequently completing a CCF Grant application or an application to another funder.
CCF Grants - up to £150,000 per organisation, per year
The deadline to submit an Expression of Interest, the first stage of the application process for a CCF Grant was 5pm on 28 August 2017. These grants, of up to £150,000 (per organisation, per year) are for projects taking place between 1 April 2018 and 31 March 2020.
- Expression of Interest deadline was 28/8/17 by 17:00
- Draft Application deadline 8/9/17 by 17:00
- Final Application deadline 27/10/17 by 17:00