Reception/office administration Volunteer
Salary: n/a volunteer role
Based in: Stirling
Further information: Keep Scotland Beautiful
Excited by the thought of being a part of making Scotland clean, green and sustainable?
Keep Scotland Beautiful is the charity that campaigns, acts and educates on a range of local, national and global issues to change behaviour and improve the quality of people’s lives and the places they care for.
We are leading the way on improving Scotland’s environment, tackling a wide range of environmental issues, from reducing the amount of litter on our streets to cutting the carbon emissions that threaten our planet.
Having been part of the environmental landscape for over 50 years, we draw together government, local authorities, businesses, community groups and individuals in this common cause. We are present in every village, town, and city in Scotland, and our activities are estimated to make a difference to one in five people living in Scotland.
Through our work we aim to help people to change the way they think about the environment and encourage them to take action to improve and protect it. Our goal is to make Scotland a cleaner, greener and more sustainable place to live, work and visit. Through this volunteer role you can help us achieve it.
What skills and experience are needed?
- A pleasant telephone manner
- A knowledge of general admin practices
- Multitasking and time management skills
- A welcoming and friendly nature
Benefits of Volunteering with Keep Scotland Beautiful
- A full induction to our charity
- Playing your part to ‘keep Scotland beautiful’
- A friendly volunteering environment
- Increasing your understanding and awareness of environmental challenges and sustainability
- Tea and coffee whilst volunteering (and occasional home baking!)
- A nominated employee as your main contact in our charity
- Training and development within your role
- Flexible volunteering times
We really appreciate the valuable contribution of volunteers and could not carry out our activities without you. Your nominated person within our charity will work with you to develop a structured plan for what you will be doing while you are volunteering with Keep Scotland Beautiful.
As well as providing a very worthwhile service, volunteering with Keep Scotland Beautiful has great benefits for volunteers themselves, such as:
- Having fun and sharing great company learning about the environment
- Relieving boredom
- Learning new skills
- Gaining confidence and improving self-esteem
- Helping a worthwhile cause
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Gaining valuable work experience to add to your CV
We are looking for your support between the hours of 09:30 and 4:00pm, Monday to Friday at times that will suit you. Please state on your application form days / times that you would be free to volunteer.
Ready to join us?
Please download our Volunteer Application Form and Equal Opprtunities Form (below) stating your preferred volunteer times / days.
Keep Scotland Beautiful welcomes applications from people of all abilities, backgrounds and communities.
Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation: Number SC030332
VAT Registration Number: 284 0654 93