Register your Scotland's Climate Festival event
Are you organising a local climate festival or event in your community? Sign-up to be part of Scotland's Climate Festival and add your event to our Festival Map and Events Calendar.
You can be a climate event of any size, located anywhere in the country, or even online. This ranges from larger, established festivals taking place over several days to new, small gatherings in your community. We want the voices of people everywhere to be included.
This can be for any climate-related community event, such as a growing workshop, led bike ride, introduction to community energy, local forage, or a conversation or film screening. Events can be in venues or online.
Please read our eligibility and moderation policy below before submitting an event.
What events are eligible to take part?
Your event must:
- Be run by a local, Scottish-based, community-led group. Examples of this include local charities, voluntary groups, development trusts, housing associations, schools, sports clubs, faith groups.
- Be taking place in Scotland (either physical or online)
- Have a focus on climate solutions and actions through either practical workshops, artistic and cultural events, or community conversations. Themes can include:
- However, any environmental topic or angle will be considered.
What happens next?
Once you have submitted your event it will be reviewed and published by a member of our Climate Festival team. We process all event submissions Monday – Friday before 12pm, so your event may not show up on the map until the next day if submitted after 12pm. Please submit at least two weeks before your event start date.
Once your event is approved if will appear on our Festival Map and Events Calendar and you can:
- Access our Communications Kit for your marketing, including our Scotland’s Climate Festival logo and our other branded materials and templates.
- Share your event on social media groups and forums using our links and tags.
Are we required to promote Scotland’s Climate Festival if we’re approved?
Yes - if your event registration is approved you will be required to use our Scotland’s Climate Festival logo on your festival’s material and your website, and to mention your involvement with Scotland’s Climate Festival in your communications, such as your press announcements, newsletters and social media.
Is there anything else we’ll have to do?
We will contact you to fill out a short survey on your event as your feedback helps us to build a picture of overall climate action and progress across Scotland. This will be a form template and we will ask for 1. a description of activities during your festival 2. a description of community involvement at your event and any resulting local benefits or climate actions. We might also request photos from your event or contact you about participating in a case study.
Event Moderation Guidelines
KSB reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any project submitted and to remove or refuse an event which:
- Is not linked to Environmental or Climate Change issues.
- Is otherwise considered unsuitable for the platform, at the moderators’ discretion.
KSB is not responsible for any event listed on this site, unless otherwise stated. It cannot accept liability for activity during, or as a result of, any listed event. It is not responsible for the content of any talk, workshop or event listed on the platform.
KSB provides and lists events content in good faith but no guarantee or representation is given that the content is accurate, complete or up-to-date.