Climate Challenge Fund Information Events
Climate Challenge Fund Information Surgeries
Community-led organisations wanting to know more about applying for funding from the Climate Challenge Fund (CCF) are invited to attend one of the Information Surgeries taking place in June and July.
The CCF provides grants and support for community-led organisations to tackle climate change by running projects that reduce local carbon emissions.
The Fund has supported projects involving energy efficiency improvements to community owned buildings, home energy efficiency advice, lower carbon travel options, community growing initiatives and schemes to tackle waste.
The Information Surgeries will include:
• A presentation from Keep Scotland Beautiful to introduce the CCF, climate change and the support that we provide to applicants
• A chance to learn more about locally funded CCF projects (please see individual booking pages for organisations confirmed as attending)
• Information on support available for CCF applicants (and more widely) from partner organisations such as Zero Waste Scotland, Home Energy Scotland and Local Energy Scotland (please see individual booking pages for organisations confirmed as attending)
• An open question and answer session and chance to discuss project ideas with other attendees
• A chance to talk through project ideas one-to-one with CCF staff and partner organisations
We are pleased to confirm that Bright Green Business will be attending the events introduce the CCF Recruitment Service they co-ordinate.
Tea, coffee and light refreshments will be available at registration and after the presentations.
Online booking is open:
||Location and time
|Monday 25th||Alloa (9.45-14:00) Book now|
|Tuesday 26th||Glasgow (9.45-14:00) Book now|
||Location and time|
|Monday 2nd||Greenock (9.45-14:00) Book now|
|Tuesday 3rd||Edinburgh (9.45-14:00) Book now|
|Thursday 5th||Galashiels (9.45-14.00) Book now|
|Friday 6th||Aberdeen (9.45-14:00) Book now|
|Tuesday 10th||Inverness (12.45-17:00) Book now|
|Thursday 12th||Falkirk (9.45-14:00) Book now|
|Friday 13th||Motherwell (9.45-14:00) Book now|
|Wednesday 18th||Dumfries (12.45-17:00) Book now|
|Thursday 19th||Dundee (9.45-14:00) Book now|
|Friday 20th||Kilmarnock (9.45-14:00) Book now|
We encourage all community-led organisations to check that they are eligible to apply for CCF funding before booking a space at any of the CCF surgery events.
Find out more about the CCF including criteria, deadlines and case studies on the CCF website.
CCF Application Development Workshops
We will offer CCF Application Development Workshops to support community-led organisations that have been issued with a draft CCF application form, following the submission of an eligible Expression of Interest.
We hope the events will provide opportunities for attendees to develop a stronger application through networking, peer-learning and support from CCF staff.
The workshops will take place in August and September. If you wish to host one of these workshops or have one organised in your community please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
13 June 2018