Find out more about the Climate Emergency at our free webinar in Climate Week
Find out what the climate emergency is, what it means for Scotland - and positive actions you can take.
With record-breaking heatwaves and other extreme weather events being experienced in Scotland and across the world, the climate emergency is rarely out of the news headlines.
But what's causing climate change? What's being done to tackle it? What is net zero and what does the path ahead look like? And can action to tackle climate change have a positive impact on things like the energy crisis and rising cost of living?
Join us and the Scottish Government at an online event on Thursday 29 September, 14:00-15:00 to learn what the climate emergency is, what it means for Scotland, and what climate action is taking place across the country.
Why attend the event?
- You'll learn what the climate emergency is, what's causing it, and why it matters.
- We'll cut through the jargon, so you’ll have a clearer understanding of terms like ‘global warming’, ‘climate change’, ‘net zero’ and ‘carbon footprint’.
- You'll find out how tackling the climate emergency benefits both the planet and our people, and we'll share examples of climate action taking place across Scotland
- We'll be using examples and case studies relevant to Scotland, in addition to the global context.
- And you'll get the chance to put your questions forward to be answered in our Q&A.
14.00 Welcome, Keep Scotland Beautiful
14.05 Opening address, Minister for Green Skills, Circular Economy and Biodiversity, Lorna Slater MSP
14.10 What is the Climate Emergency?, Keep Scotland Beautiful
14.35 Community change in motion: Scottish Communities Climate Action Network, community climate action hubs and more, The Scottish Government
14.40 Questions to the panel, hosted by Keep Scotland Beautiful
15.00 Close, Keep Scotland Beautiful
This event is part of Scotland’s Climate Week - an annual initiative to raise awareness of the global climate emergency and celebrate climate action across the country. The Scottish Government's Net Zero Nation website has further information on the annual week-long initiative that commences on 26 September. For more on events happening throughout the week follow @ScotGovNetZero on social media and keep an eye on what’s happening in your local area.
We'll have lots of events running during Climate Week and you can find out more in our Climate Week summary.
16 September 2022