Be inspired: watch our Beautiful Scotland and It's Your Neighbourhood seminar
Although we really missed seeing all of our wonderful groups in person, we were still treated to inspiring case studies and updates from across Scotland.
We've split the recording of the event into sections for ease of watching (click a heading to take you to that video) - we hope you enjoy:
- Part 1 - Welcome and highlights: hear from one of our Charity Trustees, Tom Brock and project lead, Juliette Camburn as they share our groups highlights from 2020.
- Part 2 - Horticulture: hear how North Berwick in Bloom came together while staying apart; watch a film showing how Bonnie Blantyre kept their community growing; and pick up tips from our expert Gardeners' Question Time panel - David Knott, curator at RBGE and President of The Caley, Anthony McCluskey, Chair of Garden for Life Forum and Project Officer for Butterfly Conservation, and Jenny Mollison, previous secretary of Scottish Allotments & Gardens Society and regular allotment column in The Scotsman.
- Part 3 - Environment: hear a summary of your Climate Conversations from the 2019 seminar and our plans to help you on your climate friendly gardening journey; learn about our Climate Emergency Training and be inspired by the steps Bonnie Dundee is already taking; discover how North Edinburgh Arts and Grow 73 are helping our pollinators; and find out which of our It's Your Neighbourhood groups has won this year's NatureScot Pollinator Friendly Award.
- Part 4 - Community: watch a video made by Blooming Inverkip highlighting three growing projects they used to support and engage their community; and hear from The Maxwell Centre in Dundee which used lots of different food growing activities to connect their community this year.
- Part 5 - Celebration, 2020 theme winners and plans for 2021: hear from our Chief Executive, Barry Fisher on his thoughts about 2020 and our wonderful groups; John Frater, Charity Trustee announces the winners of the 2020 theme public vote and outlines our plans for Beautiful Scotland and It's Your Neighbourhood in 2021; and Lindsay Montgomery, CBE, Chair of our Charity Trustees closes the event with some poignant words.
If your group is involved in gardening, looking after the environment and engages your community, email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can get free support, resources and recognition through Beautiful Scotland and It's Your Neighbourhood in 2021.
24 November 2020