Swap Shop Start Up Training
R:evolve Recycle can take the guesswork out of setting up a local swap shop or pop-up shop through Swap Shop Start Up Training.
R:evolve Recycle started in 2015 with a swap shop boutique in Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire, giving local people a platform to swap their unwanted clothing completely free of charge within their community. They currently have three shops running five days per week.
Almost 300kg of clothing comes through over 200 swaps each and every week. R:evolve have 7,100 members and attract 30 new people each week.
As part of the Swap Shop Start Up Training, R:evolve Recycle can provide:
- All there is to know about setting up your swap shop or pop up shop
- Tried and tested hints and tips as well as the pitfalls to avoid in relation to shop leases, layouts, equipment and getting started etc
- Practical training in all safe back shop/sorting processes and procedures, customer services procedures and advice on merchandising and product placement
- Training, templates and guidance on all data you might want to gather to meet the requirements of your funder
- A handy full colour ‘How To’ guide including a memory stick with all R:evolve Recycle paperwork and templates such as membership forms, volunteer training guide and swap collection records for you to take away and use
R:evolve Recycle have a three-tiered training option to suit you and your organisation:
- Option 1: Full colour guide and all paperwork on a memory stick (£250)
- Option 2: As above as well as a two-day training course for a member of staff or volunteer (£750)
- Option 3: As above including 10 hours of one-to-one consultation tailored to the needs of your project, including site visits where appropriate (£1,500)
For more information please contact Wendy Russell, Development Manager via email: email@example.com
R:evolve Recycle is a project managed by Lightburn Elderly Association Project (LEAP) Ltd and is funded by the Climate Challenge Fund, Esmee Fairbairn and Clyde Gateway.
25 November 2019