Win bespoke anti-drinks littering campaign pack
Single use drinks containers are one of the most prevalent and visible littered items. On average over 100 bottles and cans are found per mile by our roadsides; drinks litter is noticed by 55% of people in their community, and is recorded on 38% of all sites we audit. This has a huge impact on people’s perception of an area, can damage the local environment, harm wildlife, and is costly to clear up.
We think this is a serious problem. We want to raise awareness of this at a public exhibition in the Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) on the 24-25 October, investigating our relationship with single use drinks containers. We are calling on our supporters to tell us what they think of the problem.
There are two ways to get involved:
- Send us a photo and caption to enter our campaign poster competition; or
- Send us rinsed coffee cup lids to be incorporated into the centre piece art sculpture for the Gallery of Modern Art exhibition.
Campaign poster competition
- Next time you are out and see drinks litter, be this a coffee cup, plastic bottle or can, take a photo, ensuring it’s high quality.
- Think of a good caption for your photo. This will be the campaign message if you win the overall competition, so should grab people's attention about the unacceptability of drinks litter.
- Send the photo to us at email@example.com or tag us on social media @KSBScotland Make sure you get the photo to us before the 2 October.
- Pick up and responsibly dispose of the litter.
We will turn our favourite photographs and captions into posters, which will form one of the core installations to our exhibit in the Gallery of Modern Art. The top entry will also win a professionally designed campaign collateral pack, customised with their own submission, to support them in their local anti-littering campaign.
Coffee cup lid sculpture
- Collect hot drinks lids - these can be ones you have found littered, or perhaps collect them from your office or friends.
- Rinse them off.
- If you have a marker, write the location it is from and your name on it. Don't worry if you are not able to do this - just include this information on a note when you send them to us.
- Post them into us by 20 October: Coffee cup lids, Keep Scotland Beautiful, Glendevon House, Castle Business Park, Stirling FK9 4TZ.
- We will use the lids as part of the centrepiece for the art exhibit, and recycle them after we are done.
We are looking forward to receiving your entries. If you have any questions, please get in touch.
30 August 2017