Free entry for your first year in Beautiful Scotland
- Are you from a group working in partnership to make a difference to your whole community?
- Do your activities focus on horticulture, environmental responsibility and community participation?
- Would you like support, resources and national recognition for your efforts?
- Would you like to be part of a national network of groups, sharing ideas and inspiring each other to help bring communities together?
Then our Beautiful Scotland competition is for you!
Groups from cities, towns and villages across Scotland take part each year, showcasing their environmental responsibility, community participation and horticultural achievement. Beautiful Scotland groups create greener and cleaner spaces but also grow community pride, local businesses and tourism. Many groups are entirely run by volunteers and some work in partnership with their local council. Join in and help to bring your community together, improve the environment and inspire young and old to grow!
Beautiful Scotland is an annual campaign and is part of the Royal Horticultural Society’s (RHS) Britain in Bloom campaign.
Benefits to you
Your group will receive support and resources from both Keep Scotland Beautiful and the RHS including monthly newsletters full of case studies, funding links, activities and events; a visit from a pair of experienced volunteer judges; places at the annual award ceremony and seminar (with the chance to pick up a category award and put your group forward for a discretionary award); a web page for your group; a dedicated member of Keep Scotland Beautiful available via phone or email; a guidance document; social media and press support to help you promote your work.
Why should you take part?
Our many Beautiful Scotland groups often find that by taking part they see:
- A stronger sense of community, with better links between schools, groups, businesses and students
- Cleaner and greener surroundings and the regeneration of rundown areas
- A safer environment through reduced anti-social behaviour
- A healthier local environment, with higher quality green spaces and more abundant wildlife
- Increased environmental awareness
- A positive impact on the local economy.
Deadline to enter is end of April - register here.
Please email or call on 01786 477 171 for any questions.
[If you’re not quite sure whether the Beautiful Scotland competition is the best step for you or your group, our non-competitive It’s Your Neighbourhood scheme could be a place to start].
28 March 2018