Nominate your Climate Heroes
As part of our activities during Volunteers' Week, we are delighted to open the Climate Hero Awards for nominations.
The Climate Hero Awards will recognise the achievements and contribution of individuals who have volunteered for a Climate Challenge Fund (CCF) project in the last 12 months. The project could be currently funded or previously funded.
The Climate Hero categories are:
- Energy, Food, Travel & Waste - volunteers who have supported people to reduce their carbon footprint in one of these thematic areas.
- Climate Conversations - volunteers who have got people talking about, understanding and taking action on climate change.
- Personal Change - volunteers who have 'walked the talk' in reducing their own carbon footprint.
- Personal Development - volunteers who have overcome challenges to take part and developed confidence and skills.
- Community Impact - volunteers who have had a fantastic impact their community, but might not quite fit the other categories.
We recognise that Covid-19 has impacted volunteering at CCF projects, and that amazing voluntary work has been carried out both before and during the pandemic. We welcome examples of voluntary work at CCF projects that took place pre-Covid, during Covid, or covering both periods.
The Climate Heroes session was one of the highlights of the 2019 CCF Gathering and we have produced a special publication to celebrate the activity of the 20 volunteers recognised as Climate Heroes last year.
The voluntary time given by the 2019 Climate Heroes has had a host of positive impacts. They've supported their communities to grow food locally, tackle waste, travel sustainably and develop many new skills. They've also passed on learning about climate change and inspired others to take positive action.
And as for the Heroes themselves, they've overcome challenges and improved their confidence and health. They've developed new knowledge and skills, with those looking for employment often finding improved prospects.
Nominations for the 2020 Climate Hero Awards will be accepted from CCF projects until noon on Monday 7 September 2020.
Find out more and make your nominations here.
02 June 2020