Free community garden design, build and support available!
Transform your community with the RHS this Garden Day
To celebrate RHS Garden Day 2022, the RHS is thrilled to announce that they'll be gifting four gardens to communities across the UK.
Launched last night (Wednesday 20 January 2022) on The One Show, the RHS is going to fund four major new Community Gardens in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and England…and we’d love the Scottish garden to be in one of our Beautiful Scotland, It’s Your Neighbourhood or Eco-Schools communities!
Deadline to apply - 6th February!!
*Read the application questions in advance so you know what information they need before you fill out the survey money application form. ** For any Beautiful Scotland group applying, for question 4, select ‘Britain in Bloom’.
Working in partnership with leading garden designers, the new gardens will be worth up to £50,000 and an opportunity for your group/school to help the RHS create an inclusive and welcoming space for everyone in your community to enjoy. The RHS knows how important community gardens are, so to help your new garden thrive after it's built, they'll also support your community with maintenance costs for three years and funding for one team member to gain an RHS Level 2 qualification.
Who can apply?
This opportunity is open to community groups and schools that registered with the relevant Government Department in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales.
What are they looking for?
They’re looking for projects that will bring people together to build, maintain or use the garden. When looking at applications, they'll be prioritising projects that:
- Articulate the wellbeing or environmental benefits a new garden will bring.
- Demonstrate inclusivity by involving a diverse range of groups and individuals.
- Build ongoing connections between the people involved in the project.
- Raise awareness of the importance of plants and gardening for the benefit of all.
- Employ gardening practices that support and benefit the environment.
Are there any other requirements?
Before you apply, please make sure that the land you have in mind meets the below requirements for this project.
- The proposed build site should be a maximum of 250m².
- The site should currently be either grass or bare soil.
- Only sites that are fully publicly accessible will be considered.
- The main garden build will take place from March to June 2022 with permission from the owners and managers of land in place from the outset.
Please visit the RHS website to find out more and start your application.
For any questions, please email: email@example.com
21 January 2022