Scotland’s jury announced for internationally recognised green tourism initiative
This year we became the Scottish operator for the international eco-label for tourism facilities – Green Key. Now we are delighted to announce the independent jury which will make decisions on applications from tourism and hospitality establishments.
Green Key is a leading standard of excellence in environmental responsibility and sustainable operation within the tourism industry. It is open to a wide range of businesses including hotels, visitor attractions conference centres, restaurants and campsites, and helps them meet global environmental standards set by the Global Sustainable Tourism Council and recognised by the UN World Tourism Organisation.
Following an audit process managed by us, the independent Jury have final say over the award of the prestigious eco-label.
The jury members contribute a vast array of expertise in sustainable business, environmental consultancy and innovation with specialisms including energy, water, carbon and logistics. The Green Key Jury for Scotland is:
• Craig Anderson - Programme Director, MSc Strategic Sustainable Business, Stirling University Management School
• Susannah Rae - Water Resources Specialist, Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA)
• Martin Valenti - Head of Climate Enterprise, Scottish Enterprise
• Rachael Martin - Co-Chair of 2050 Climate Group Young Leaders Development Programme Operations Team (shared jury position with Georgios Neonakis)
• Georgios Neonakis - Operational Volunteer, 2050 Climate Group (shared jury position with Rachael Martin)
Taking part in Green Key accreditation in Scotland gives establishments access to our technical support to ensure year-on-year environmental improvements that can also help reduce costs by cutting waste and saving energy.
Barry Fisher, our CEO said:
“We are delighted to be delivering Green Key in Scotland on behalf of the Foundation for Environmental Education and would like to welcome the new Jury members and thank them for their commitment and support.
“We will be officially launching Green Key at an online event on 8 September and encourage potential applicants to attend the event.”
You can find out more about the Jury members here.
Find out more about the Green Key launch event taking place on 8 September and register to attend here.
19 August 2020