Sustainable Procurement Handbook
The Procura+ Manual includes:
- practical advice on how to integrate sustainability into procurement;
- a model for systematically implementing sustainable procurement – the Procura+ Management Cycle;
- an exploration of the possibilities for sustainable and innovation procurement set out within the 2014 Directives, including how they can be applied in practice;
- key guidance on sustainable procurement approaches for six high-priority product groups – construction, IT equipment, cleaning products, food, vehicles and electricity; and
- links and references throughout the text to good practice examples from around Europe, more detailed information on the product groups covered and a variety of further implementation tools.
The Procura+ Manual is published by ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability and produced as part of the SPP Regions project.
In April this year, the third edition of the Buying Green! Handbook, the European Commission’s publication for assisting public sector bodies to purchase goods and services sustainably, was published.
In Scotland, the Sustainable Procurement Duty, section 9 of the Procurement Reform (Scotland) Act 2014, requires that before a contracting authority buys anything, it must think about how it can improve the social, environmental and economic wellbeing of the area in which it operates, with a particular focus on reducing inequality.
15 November 2016