Friends of Granton Castle Walled Garden
Granton Castle Walled Garden is a historic site. The castle was damaged in 1544, refurbished in the early 1600s and finally demolished in the 1920s. It was a productive market garden for many years but subsequently was purchased by the City of Edinburgh Council and became overgrown. The Friends group now lease the garden from the council and aim to preserve and restore an operational garden which promotes biodiversity, produces sustainable local food, providing a venue for education and cultural and arts activities, and an area of peace and calm within nature for mental wellbeing.