Clean Up for Schools
Support us by encouraging your school to take action in the playground or in the local community.
Suppporting the Clean Up Scotland campaign is the perfect project for your Eco-Schools work on the core topic – Litter, and helps to meet the Community element too. Organising a clean Up event is great evidence toward your next Green Flag Award.
Find some suggestions below on how a school can take action and support the national Clean Up Scotland campaign this year:
1. Kick start the new term of with a #CleanUp event on the school grounds. Use our guidance to help you organise an event.
2. Rally support from your local community. Ask the pupils to create posters and encourage individuals/local businesses and groups to join them to clean up their local neighbourhood
3. Add a Clean Up event to your daily/weekly exercise.
4. Encourage pupils to take action on their route to and from school.
5. Find a community event near your that your pupils/school can join.
6.To add to your Clean Up event why don't you borrow some our litter-inspired costumes?
7. If you're struggling to find time, why don't you encourage your pupils to take part in a quick #2MinuteCleanUp
Remember to promote your event on social media by tagging @CleanUpScotland in any tweets.