Have you got two minutes? Of course you have...
Here is how you can do a #2MinuteCleanUp:
1. Find just two minutes in your day.
2. Take a bag and look for litter, on your walk to work, to school, to the shops or while walking the dog. (You could even do it on your jog and try the swedish craze #plogging)
3. Pick it up and bag it. Then recycle or bin it on the go, or when you get home.
You can make picking up litter the social norm instead of dropping it.
To make your individual actions have as big an impact as possible, why not:
- Take a picture of your litter haul and post it to your Twitter page. Tag @CleanUpScotland and #2MinuteCleanUp;
- Email us at email@example.com to let us know you are taking part;
- Encourage your friends and family to do a #2MinuteCleanUp too;
- Join the global #2minutebeachclean movement which started in 2014 to tackle marine and ocean litter.
Let's Clean Up Scotland, two minutes at a time. Together we can make Scotland the cleanest country in Europe.
Suzy Gow has made a #2MinuteCleanUp part of her daily walk and is making a massive difference to her local area. Suzy commented: “I’m happy that I am able to do my little bit to keep my neck of the woods a bit cleaner and safer. And that’s what the ‘Clean Up Scotland’ campaign is trying to promote. If we all do our little bit in our own neighbourhood, then everyone benefits.”