Get involved in #TurdTag
Help us log dog poo across neighbourhoods in Scotland as part of our #TurdTag fortnight
Have you seen an increase in bagged or unbagged dog poo in your neighbourhood?
Did you know: Our surveys from last year indicated that dog fouling was at its most visible within communities over the last ten years, with almost 10% of sites recording presence and unsurprisingly this is worse in highly populated areas.
As part of your daily exercise, and in accordance to Government guidance, why not take part in #TurdTag and help us understand dog fouling levels in your neighbourhood.
#TurdTag will be taking place for two weeks from 27th April this year. Over the two weeks we want to encourage as many people as possible to feed in data on the number of dog poos they're finding near them. All you need to do is:
1. Select a 100m stretch to use as a transect.
2. When out on your walk as part of your daily exercise, count the number of bagged or unbagged dog poos you see (and why not take a photo?)
3. Post your #TurdTag on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram tagging @CleanUpScotland or @KSBScotland
4. Repeat – why not choose a different stretch to log the poos you find?
5. Email your results at the end of the fortnight, including your location and local authority to email@example.com
In May we will collate all the data you send us to create a snapshot of the scale of the problem across Scotland.