Welcome to Arbroath ‘West Links'. All the fun of the Seaside. Find traditional British seaside fun in the West Links Play Area with putting, tennis, paddling pool, crazy golf, mini go-karts, trampolines, miniature railway and the Arbroath road train to delight young and not-so-young. Arbroath is famous for being the location where the Declaration of Arbroath was signed in 1320, and for its traditional fishing industry and famous 'Arbroath Smokie' as well as so much more.
Arbroath is the largest town in Angus on the North Sea coast. Arbroath's history as a town begins in the High Middle Ages with the founding of Arbroath Abbey in 1178. Arbroath grew considerably during the Industrial Revolution owing to the expansion of firstly the flax and secondly the jute industries and the engineering sector. A new harbour was built in 1839 and by the 20th century, Arbroath had become one of the larger fishing ports in Scotland.
A straight rocky beach backed by cliffs with a sandy area close to the town. There are rock pools at the beach and large areas of grass adjacent to the car park. There is a cliff top walk above the beach. Seabirds and occasional seals may be seen. There are large areas of open grassland off the esplanade, with open views out to sea.
An esplanade and park lying a quarter-mile (0.4 km) to the west of Arbroath Harbour, the West Links lies along the North Sea coast leading to Arbroath's beaches.
The beach is just off the main A92 Angus Coastal Tourist Route which runs through Arbroath. There is a train station in the town, and the road train runs from the High Street to the beach regularly.
Contact detailsAngus Council
03452 777 778