Understanding Social Enterprise - Day 1
The 2-day Understanding Social Enterprise programme is a useful introduction to community and social enterprise. This programme brings together individuals and organisations who would like to learn more about a socially enterprising business model and explore the characteristics, structures and opportunities for their organisation.
The two day programme focuses on the fundamentals of social enterprise; how they are unique, what challenges and opportunities they face, what support is on offer to social entrepreneurs within the sector and how to access this.
The programme also explores some of the skills, mind-set and behaviours required to lead in an enterprising and innovative way. It aims to enhance leaders’ understanding of what it means to be enterprising and how this approach can support them to achieve their organisations’ vision, mission and values.
By the end of this programme learners will have:
- Defined the values and purpose of a social enterprise to better understand where it sits in relation to the corporate and voluntary sector.
- Explored the challenges of managing a triple bottom line to understand what issues they might face in developing and managing a social enterprise.
- Examined the range of organisational and legal structure available to social enterprises to comprehend the variety and types of social enterprise.
- Identified the finance and support available to social enterprise to enable them to access further information for their own needs.
- Discussed examples of social enterprise to deepen their understanding of the realities of setting up and running a social enterprise.
- Planned the next steps for their social enterprises.
- Values and purpose of a social enterprise
- Challenges and opportunities of managing a triple bottom line
- Options for developing a social enterprise within an organisation
- Range of legal and organisational structures available to social enterprises
See here for more information about this course
Book Here Now - please note registration is limited to 2 people per organisation
From 08 August 2018 09:00 to 16:30
at Keep Scotland Beautiful First Floor Glendevon House Stirling FK9 4TZ