Edinburgh Climate Festival
This summer, community-led organisations will host the Edinburgh Climate Festival on Saturday July 6 from 12pm-9pm in the Meadows. The popular event expects to draw a crowd of 4,000.
This is a free, family-friendly event that aims to raise awareness of climate change and to increase public knowledge on how to live more sustainably and act on the current climate crisis. It is also an entirely plastic free event!
Activities on the day will include:
- Eco-workshops covering repair and upcycling of old belongings
- Food growing and foraging workshops plus organic and sustainable food stalls
- A swap-shop for clothing and household items
- Led cycle rides, free bike repairs and electric bike trials
- Film screenings, theatre workshops, music, outdoor yoga and much more.
The event is funded in part by the Climate Challenge Fund, a Scottish Government grant programme, which provides funding and support for community groups that are tackling climate change through local community-led projects. The Climate Challenge Fund is managed and administered by environmental charity Keep Scotland Beautiful.
Find out more about the Climate Festival on the Facebook page here.
Register to attend the event via Eventbrite here.
From 06 July 2019 12:00 to 21:00
at The Meadows, Edinburgh