Carbon Literacy for Communities, Borve, Isle of Lewis (third party event)
This course will cover the basics of climate science, look at current and likely impacts of a changing climate, explore how to communicate climate change, look at where carbon emissions come from and explore ways to encourage and support others to take steps to reduce their carbon footprint.
Attendance on the course is free and lunch is included. Participants will be asked to cover the cost of certification (£10 plus VAT). Please note when you register you will be asked to confirm that you wish to be put forward for this certification.
The event is hosted by CCF Grant Recipient Clan Macquarrie Community Centre and will be delivered by Ally Maciver from Carloway Estate Trust, also a current CCF Grant Recipient for the Community LED by Energy Champions project.
During the two days the course will:
- Examine the scientific basis for climate change
- Explore the potential impacts rising greenhouse gasses and a changing climate
- Learn about communicating climate change and practice some techniques for doing so
- Understand the anthropogenic sources of GHGs and how our everyday lives relate to them
- Explore the Scottish Government's Low Carbon Behaviours and the challenges/opportunities to adoption in your community
- Explore behaviour change models and how these might help you structure investigation into increasing adoption in your community
By the end of the course you will:
- Have an improved understanding of the science of climate change
- Be more confident in talking to people about climate change
- Have improved carbon literacy
- Identify low carbon behaviours you would like to adopt yourself and to encourage in your community
- Develop a plan to identify opportunities/barriers to adopting low carbon behaviours in your community
Please book your space by emailing email@example.com
From 23 January 2020 09:30 to 24 January 2020 16:00
at Clan Macquarrie Community Centre, Borve, Isle of Lewis