Keep Scotland Beautiful's National Conversations: Climate Action in Sport
Join us at this FREE one-hour online event to learn about ongoing climate action in Scotland's sport sector and beyond and how sport can use its platform to encourage wider environmental awareness.
The event will take place via MS Teams and we will have a panel of speakers representing sports and climate ambassadors, sports clubs and people that work in the sector from Scotland and worldwide.
Our event will be chaired by our Deputy Chief Executive, Catherine Gee and we will have a keynote speech provided by Minister for Social Care, Mental Wellbeing and Sport, Maree Todd MSP.
Our panel includes:
- Katie Rood, Hearts football player and New Zealand International.
- Jim Crawford, St Mirren Voluntary Squad Coordinator.
- Keith Lasley, Chief Operating Officer at St Mirren.
- Calvin Cox, Rugby player and RBS Youth Ambassador for Aberdeenshire RFC.
This Climate Action in Sport event is part of our series of National Conversations which will bring together influential, knowledgeable, and inspiring people and organisations to share experiences, insight and learning across the four strategic themes we work towards at Keep Scotland Beautiful. These themes are:
1. Combatting climate change
2. Tackling litter and waste
3. Restoring nature and biodiversity
4. Improving places.
The event is part of Scotland’s Climate Week, an annual event which raises awareness of the global climate emergency and encourages climate action across the country.
Please sign up to the free event via Eventbrite
From 28 September 2023 13:00 to 14:00
at Online via MS Teams