Climate Emergency Training: Autumn 2024 Course
This training is for anyone interested in increasing their knowledge and understanding of the Climate Emergency, and who wants to understand more about changes which will have a positive impact.
As with all of our accredited Climate Emergency Training, the course has gone through a rigorous assessment process with the Carbon Literacy Project, so you can be assured of quality. And participants completing the course have the opportunity to go forwards to be certified as Carbon Literate.
Organisations sometimes choose to send a small number of employees onto this course, before working with us to create a course customised to their own area of work and business needs.
About the training
This training is eight hours of learning and takes place over four weeks. Each week involves an hour-long online session led by our expert trainers, followed by some self-study tasks to be completed before the next session.
The course is split into four modules:
- An introduction to climate change (24 October)
- Climate impacts and adaptation (31 October)
- Reducing emissions (7 November)
- Climate action and communication (14 November)
To be eligible to go forwards and be certified as Carbon Literate you need to attend all four sessions, and complete the self-study tasks.
We keep the training class size to a maximum of 15 participants, to allow for group interaction and discussion.
Why take this training?
This training provides a broad range of content to help you develop the knowledge required to successfully respond to the Climate Emergency, and move towards net zero. And if you are attending the training as a representative of an organisation, you'll also find the content helpful in your work life.
- Understand the science of climate change and the meaning of terms like 'Climate Emergency', ‘global warming’, ‘climate change’, ‘net zero’ and ‘carbon footprint’.
- Understand how you/your organisation will be impacted by climate change.
- Understand sources of greenhouse gas emissions, plus practical actions to tackle emissions you.
- Learn how tackling emissions can help you/your organisation to develop more efficient, cost-effective and resilient operations.
- Participants have the opportunity to be certified as Carbon Literate.
Price: £115 + VAT pp (includes Carbon Literate certification with the Carbon Literacy Project)
From 24 October 2024 14:00 to 14 November 2024 15:00
at Online via Microsoft Teams