Climate Conscious Communities workshops: 1 September - 17 November 2022
Find out what climate change means for communities in the Cairngorms National Park and share your views via interactive activities.
About the Climate Conscious Communities workshops:
These Climate Conscious Communities workshops have been designed by Keep Scotland Beautiful in partnership with the Cairngorms National Park Authority and are for people living or working in the Cairngorms National Park.
What the workshop will cover:
- Understand what climate change means for communities in the Park
- Demystifying the "gobbledegook" - understand the science and speak more confidently about climate change
- Take control and make a difference - start a conversation in your business, your family or your community about what positive climate change you can take - we are not powerless...
- Share your views in the workshop via interactive activities
When the workshops will take place:
The free workshops will run online and in-person from to and include a variety of different times:
- Online, Thursday 1 September 2022, 6.30pm – 9.00pm (part of the Greentown show)
- Online, Wednesday 14 September 2022, 6.30pm – 9.00pm
- In-person (Ballater) Wednesday 21 September 2022, 7.00pm - 9.30pm
- In-person (Boat of Garten) Thursday 22 September 2022, 7.00pm - 9.30pm
- Online, Tuesday 4 October 2022, 1.30pm – 4.00pm
- Online, Tuesday 1 November 2022, 2.00pm – 4.30pm
- Online, Thursday 3 November 2022, 1.30pm – 4.00pm
- Online, Sunday 6 November 2022, 10.00am – 12.30pm
- Online, Thursday 17 November 2022, 6.30pm – 9.00pm
Why being Climate Conscious is important for people who live and work in the Cairngorms National Park:
Being Climate Conscious is an important step in understanding the climate emergency and thinking about the risks, responsibilities and opportunities.
The workshops are designed to empower participants to identify appropriate action on climate change and start taking their first steps as individuals and communities.
Businesses with a Climate Conscious workforce may find they become more aware of new regulations and customer expectations that a net zero Scotland will bring and can start to develop more sustainable, efficient and cost-effective operations.
More about the workshops:
- Keep Scotland Beautiful is delighted to be partnering with the Cairngorms National Park Authority (CNPA) to deliver these important workshops as part of CNPA’s Heritage Horizons: Cairngorms 2030 programme.
- This series of Climate Conscious Communities workshops has been made possible with grant funding provided by The National Lottery Heritage Fund (NLHF). The Climate Conscious Communities project is one of 24 projects that will be developed by the Cairngorms National Park Authority and 45 partner stakeholders over the development phase of the programme. This 1.5-year development phase will culminate in the production of a stage two funding application to the NLHF in June 2023.
- Inspired by the Gaelic word dùthchas - the deep-rooted connection between people and nature - Heritage Horizons: Cairngorms 2030 will see people from across the National Park come together to deliver transformational change, tackling the climate emergency and nature crisis.
CNPA plan to achieve this by:
- empowering communities to shape the future of their local area
- transforming the way land is managed within the National Park
- changing the way we get around the National Park
- fostering healthier, happier communities with well-being at their heart.
REGISTER TO ATTEND VIA EVENTBRITE: https://climateconsciouscommunities.eventbrite.co.uk
Data Protection Act 2018
The Climate Conscious Communities Workshops are being delivered by Keep Scotland Beautiful as part of the Heritage Horizons: Cairngorms 2030, Climate Conscious Communities Project run by Cairngorms National Park Authority and funded by The National Heritage Lottery Fund.
We (Keep Scotland Beautiful) will hold the information you provide us with via Eventbrite, and in Climate Conscious Communities Workshop surveys and feedback, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
We, and Cairngorms National Park Authority, will use the information you provide via Eventbrite to process your registration for the Climate Conscious Communities Workshops, send you communications about the workshops - including relevant follow-up information - and for project monitoring and reporting. We will use anonymised data for purposes including marketing and promotion. We will use anonymised information you provide during the Climate Conscious Communities Workshop surveys and feedback for project monitoring and reporting, marketing and promotion.
We will share information you provide via Eventbrite with organisations having a legitimate interest in the Climate Conscious Communities Project – namely Cairngorms National Park Authority and The National Heritage Lottery Fund. We will share anonymised information you provide during the Climate Conscious Communities Workshop surveys and feedback with Cairngorms National Park Authority and The National Heritage Lottery Fund . We may also share relevant anonymised information from Eventbrite and the workshops with other partners and the press as appropriate for project marketing and promotion.
We will not record any of the workshops in full. However, we may take short video clips and images of online and physical workshops for use in project monitoring and reporting, marketing and promotion. We may share the video and images with organisations having a legitimate interest in the Climate Conscious Communities Project – namely Cairngorms National Park Authority and The National Heritage Lottery Fund, and other organisations and the press as relevant for project promotion and marketing. We will give you prior notice when we take these images so you can choose whether you want to be involved in them.
We will store your information until we have concluded our work on the Climate Conscious Communities Project . We will then delete your information. Cairngorms National Park Authority will only keep your information for as long as necessary to carry out the purpose for which it was collected.
You can read our Privacy Notice on our website:
From 01 September 2022 18:30 to 17 November 2022 21:00
at Online and in person