Local Environmental Auditing and Management System
Date: We do not currently have a LEAMS Monitoring training course scheduled. If you are interested in taking part in the course, please complete the form on this page to register your interest, and we will let you know as soon as the next date is scheduled.
The course carries a maximum value of 4 hours (core activity) for the Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) Continuing Professional Development (CPD) scheme.
Our Local Environmental Audit and Management System (LEAMS) is the only national indicator for street cleanliness. This one-day course provides a detailed understanding of the LEAMS process for local authority officers who conduct LEAMS audits and includes the legislative background, along with a practical exercise to learning and understanding of the methodology.
By the end of this training you will:
- Understand the background to the Code of Practice on Litter and Refuse (Scotland) 2006 and the duty to clean streets.
- Have a detailed understanding of the Code of Practice on Litter and Refuse (Scotland) 2006.
- Be able to assess and grade sites confidently according to the Code of Practice.
- Have practical auditing skills.
- Have authorisation to audit for LEAMS.
- Be able to interpret and summarise data recorded.