Local Environmental Auditing and Management System
There are no fixed dates for our LEAMS training and it is organised for organisations on request, or a practical number of attendees have indicated interest.
The course is preferably delivered in person due to the practical element of surveying but can be arranged online on request, dependant on previous experience.
Our LEAMS course can also be customised on request.
Our Local Environmental Audit and Management System (LEAMS) is the only national indicator for street cleanliness. This one-day course provides a detailed understanding of the LEAMS process for local authority officers who conduct LEAMS audits and includes the legislative background, along with a practical exercise to learning and understanding of the methodology.
By the end of this training you will:
- Understand the background to the Code of Practice on Litter and Refuse (Scotland) 2006 and 2018 and the duty to clean streets.
- Be able to assess and grade sites confidently according to the Code of Practice.
- Have practical auditing skills.
- Have authorisation to audit for LEAMS using the Litter Monitoring System (LMS).
- Be able to interpret and summarise data recorded.
This training is for local authorities and other bodies subject to the duty to keep land clear of litter and refuse only.