Date: 8th October 2019
Where: Keep Scotland Beautiful office, Stirling
Price: £250 plus VAT. Discounts available for partner organisations.
This one-day course is suitable for enforcement officers, duty bodies and other organisations to help enable staff to deal with conflict situations. The course will teach you how to deal with violent or aggressive members of the public, will equip you with effective conflict management strategies, such as assertive behaviour, and provide you with the skills to stay calm when faced with conflict situations.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
- Define difficult and aggressive behaviour
- Identify the phases of an incident
- Identify the verbal and non-verbal signs that can lead to violent behaviour
- Understand how situations get out of control
- Maintain composure when responding to aggression and conflict
- Use skills to manage words, phrases and body language
The course also explores stress: what it is, how it develops, how to recognise it and what measures can be taken to manage it. The pros and cons of nutrition, relaxation and exercise are covered and how they can alleviate stress.
The training includes a section on assertiveness and how it can be used in conflict situations. It is compared against aggressive and submissive behaviours. The concept that assertiveness leads to an increase in self-confidence and therefore a reduction in anxiety is explained.