Date/Venue: TBC – please register your interest in this course using the contact form below.
Reducing emissions relies on every single person in an organisation being aware of the carbon impacts of their choices, and feeling motivated and supported to take action. Our Carbon Literacy course is a day's worth of learning for employees on climate change and is a great way to engage and involve staff in your organisation's low carbon journey. Organisations that take part in the project embed sustainability into everything they do, whether through behaviour change, policy or strategic decisions.
If you're interested in finding out whether our Carbon Literacy course is right for you, you can attend one of our 'Carbon Literacy for Interested Organisations' courses. This course is particularly designed to showcase a wider than normal range of training materials to show how you can adapt Carbon Literacy to suit your organisation and tailor it to maximise the benefits.
By the end of the course you will:
- Understand the basics of climate change science and how we know its a problem
- Have explored how climate change is impacting us all now and how it will in the future
- Know what's being done about it at a variety of levels from international, national and locally
- Be able to identify ways that you and your organisation can take action to reduce emissions, benefiting from this in the process
- Understand how having a Carbon Literate workforce could benefit your organisation, and how being a Carbon Literate Organisation could benefit your business and what you do
The Carbon Literacy Project accredits each course for the specific audience it’s aimed at, and attendees on a course can submit evidence to become certified as Carbon Literate. Keep Scotland Beautiful is pioneering Carbon Literacy in Scotland and is recognised by The Carbon Literacy Project as the only Carbon Literate Training Organisation (CLTO ) in Scotland, demonstrating our commitment and competence to support the development of Carbon Literacy initiatives for a range of audiences.
If you are ready to embed Carbon Literacy in your organisation we can work with you to develop and a bespoke course and ensure it is accredited according to the Carbon Literacy Standard. Please use the contact form if you're interested in finding out more.