Date: We do not currently have an abandoned vehicles training course scheduled. If you are interested in taking part in the course, please complete the form on this page to register your interest, and we will let you know as soon as the next date is scheduled.
Where: Keep Scotland Beautiful office, Stirling
Price: £250 plus VAT. Discounts available for partner organisations
Price: £250 plus VAT. Discounts available for partner organisations.
The course carries a maximum value of 5 hours (core activity) for the Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) Continuing Professional Development (CPD) scheme.
This half-day course is suitable for enforcement officers within duty body organisations and provides an in-depth look at the legislation, prevention measures and effective methods of dealing with abandoned and nuisance vehicles, by exploring case studies and best practice.
By the end of this training you will be able to:
- Understand and work within the framework of the law
- Be able to serve all relevant notices
- Know how to arrange removal and disposal of an abandoned vehicle
- Be able to recover costs and prosecute offenders
- Recognise relevant administration procedures and structures
- Have an understanding of the End of Life Vehicles Directive and its implications
Refuse Disposal Amenity Act 1978
Roads (Scotland) Act 1984
Removal, Storage & Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986-2002
The Removal, Storage & Disposal of Vehicles (Prescribed Sums and Charges) Amendment (Scotland) Regulations 2005
The Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984