Corporate Social Responsibility Support
Building a reputation as a responsible, sustainable business can set you apart from your competitors and by acting responsibly by reducing resource use, waste and emissions you can help the environment and cut your costs too.
We can help you to do this whilst making the process easy and simple for you.
What is corporate social responsibility?
It is the action that businesses voluntarily undertake over and above the minimum legal requirements that they are required to adhere to. An ever increasing number of businesses worldwide are recognising the opportunities that corporate social responsibility brings. In addition, an increasing importance is being attached to supporting social value contributions specifically for businesses dealing with public sector customers. There is no definitive list of actions you can take to put corporate social responsibility practices into place within your business. Responsibility should be developed based on the products or services you offer and by reviewing your practices and values.
Playing your part in the community brings benefits. Evidence suggests that ‘giving something back’ can strengthen your brand. As part of progressive values, it can build trust and deepen relationships which, in turn, can attract and keep customers (Scottish Govt, 2016). We can help shape your approach, or directly undertake social value activities on your behalf as part of your commitments.
Here are some ways in which you can get involved and contribute:
- A donation to us helps us to continue our work in communities all around Scotland.
- We can work with you and your local community to run community clean ups to improve your local environment.
- Participating in our education projects to help to improve the environmental understanding and skills of our young people.
- Participating in our awareness raising projects to help inform the wider public about our work to improve the environment of Scotland.
- Partnering with us means that we can work together to help create a more sustainable Scotland.