The Action Plan is a working document and is the core of your Eco-Schools application. Your Draft Action Plan is due to be submitted 3 months after starting your application.
Action Plan | Award Criteria
- Your Action Plan is a working document and should be included in the school improvement plan.
- Your Action Plan will cover one year for a First Green Flag Award and two years for a Green Flag Renewal.
- Your Action Plan addresses our Core Eco-Schools Topic (Climate Action) and two other chosen topics.
- Your Action Plan should include at least 3 actions for each of your topics.
- Choose one UN Sustainable Development goal to tie together your actions
- Your Action Plan must include a litter pick or survey every year.
- Pupils on your Eco-Committee take responsibility for leading some action areas.
- Your Action Plan must include timescales and details of how progress of an action area will be measured and evaluated.
- It may be useful to adapt this to be displayed on the school’s Eco-Schools noticeboard in a clear, pupil-friendly format.
Action Plan Template
This template is the easiest way to gather evidence for your application.
Action Plan Template- Large Format
A larger format Action Plan for use at circle time or with a group. Print in A3 size to hang on your noticeboard.
Family Action Plan Template - for Home
An Action Plan for use at home to plan Eco-Schools activities to do with your family. Goes with our home Environmental Review.
Making your Action Plan visible
In order to keep everyone in the school up to date with your Eco-Schools projects, your Action Plan should be displayed on your Eco-Schools noticeboard. It may be useful to adapt this to be displayed on the school’s Eco-Schools noticeboard in a clear, pupil-friendly format. Have a look at some examples below for some inspiration!