28737
campaignPage

CupMovement

Almost 500 million single-use cups are used in Scotland each year.
95 million single-use cups are used in the greater Glasgow area each year. But, only 4% of these are recycled.
Something needs to change.
Register below to join our Cup Movement

In partnership with

What is the Cup Movement?

Almost 500 million single-use cups are used in Scotland each year: an unimaginable number of cups that we are throwing away. And, if only 4% of these are currently recycled, what happens to the remaining 96%? Most go to landfill, but far too many just end up littering our beautiful country.

We think something needs to change and have developed ambitious plans to tackle this problem.

With an estimated 95 million single-use cups used in the greater Glasgow area each year, the city is the perfect place for us to begin.

In partnership with Simply Cups, we have designed the Cup Movement: an inspirational city-wide collaboration which will transform Glasgow’s relationship with single-use cups.  Our campaign will ensure that single-use cups don't end up as litter, that far more are recycled, and encourage people to use reusable cups instead of single-use ones.

Let's: reduce cup litter, collect and recycle cups, promote reusable cups.

We will transform Glasgow's relationship with single-use cups by:

  1. Educating, inspiring and empowering people to change their littering, recycling and reuse behaviour.
  2. Providing robust evidence to inform policy and practice.
  3. Creating a successful model which we can replicate in other cities.
  4. Contributing to the Scottish Government's circular economy ambitions.

Join our Cup Movement

Become part of Scotland's first single-use cup collection and behaviour change initiative. 

Reduce cup litter

Be part of our city-wide collaboration and help us reduce the environmental impact of single-use cups being littered or going to landfill.

Collect and recycle cups

Sign up to our cup collection and recycling service.

With our partner, Simply Cups, we are bringing a recycling service to Scotland which ensures that all single-use cups put into our bins are recycled into new functional products.

 

Promote reusable cups

Empower your customers and staff to make more sustainable choices.

From reducing cup litter to promoting reusable cups, together we can create effective and robust behaviour change initiatives targeted to your customer's, or organisation’s specific needs.

Join our Cup Movement:

Your personal information and right to privacy is important to us. It is not our practice to sell, rent or otherwise to disclose your personal information to others. Read our Privacy Notice

Campaign partners

With the support of:

For any enquiries, please get in touch with cups@keepscotlandbeautiful.org

News

Keep Updated

Get our news delivered straight to your inbox
Your personal information and right to privacy is important to us. It is not our practice to sell, rent or otherwise to disclose your personal information to others. Read our Privacy Notice

Keep Connected

We support the