Community Litter Hub

Reporting to duty bodies

Below are details and links on how to report litter issues to duty bodies.

Please note that reporting anything hazardous to health and/or requiring immediate action including needles should not be done using the online form but follow the duty body guidance on their websites.

To report flytipping, you should contact the local authority the waste is in. If the issue is on-going, may be hazardous or is near a watercourse, the local authority may involve SEPA or Police Scotland in the investigation.

To report a dead animal in a public place, including livestock, you should contact your local authority. For dead birds please report this to the government and DO NOT touch or pick up any dead birds you find. More information, including other specific animals, can be found on the SSPCA website.

You can use a postcode checker to find out what local authority to contact.

You can also log issues on a national platform on FixMyStreet.

For abandoned trolleys you can report them on TrolleyWise.

The Community Litter Hub is delivered in partnership with: