Uppertunity Growing Places
Uppertunity aims to develop the community in every way possible and includes its members in this development. One of the ways it achieves this is through a weekly garden volunteering programme called Growing Places. The volunteers are in charge of creating a beautiful environment within Uppertunity’s premises and are in charge of:
- Developing and maintaining the land
- Growing herbs, vegetables, fruit and flowers
- Creating outdoor art and a sensory area
- Helping develop biodiversity
- Turning the produce into food
- Creating wood work pieces.