Do your bit to Clean Up Scotland
We can all do our bit to help Clean Up Scotland.
Whether you are an individual, member of a community or a school, find out how you can help tackle litter.
- Donate to us - your money will really help us to support work in your local community to keep Scotland beautiful
Organise a litter pick
Organising a litter pick or clean up is a great way for you and your community to make a difference to your local area. Here's how:
1. Decide on a date and location.
2. Have a look at our Clean Up Scotland information and survey pack. This pack will guide you in detail through the steps involved in organising a successful litter pick. It also has a guide to staying safe as well as advice for on the day.
3. Register your litter pick with us. If you want the event to be public facing we can it to our map, and your efforts will be counted in with the band of fantastic people across Scotland who are cleaning up Scotland.
4. Once registered, you will need to organise borrowing equipment, you can contact your local authority or check to see if one of our Community Clean Up Hubs are in your area. You will also need to contact your local authority to arrange removal of the litter you collect.
5. Advertise your event on Facebook and Twitter (and don't forget to tag us @CleanUpScotland!).
Do a #2MinuteCleanUp
Haven't any time to organise a full event? You can still do your bit by doing a #2MinuteCleanUp near you. Why not nip out in the morning, over lunch or in the evening and pick up whatever you can. It's easy:
1. Grab a bag - a plastic bag for life will do!
2. Get outdoors and pick up any littered items you find.
3. Tag us to promote your efforts and encourage others to join - @CleanUpScotland @KSBScotland
Nominate someone for our Clean Up Scotland Hero award
Does someone you know go that extra mile to keep their local area clean?
In July we're asking you to nominate your #LockdownLitterHero. Do you know someone who fits the criteria that you'd like to nominate? Find more information here.