Find out more and take part in Beautiful Scotland
Find out about the FREE support, resources and recognition through our Beautiful Scotland initiative below...and join our family today!
Keep Scotland Beautiful support and resources
- Mentor support and guidance from our pool of experienced volunteer judges.
- Online Spring Seminar for judged groups - guidance and advice on the year ahead e.g. how to create a good portfolio, presentation, and planning your judging tour plus a chance to meet the judges.
- Regular, on-line live ‘cuppa & a catch up’ Q&A sessions, each focusing on a different topic. Previous sessions have focused on ‘keeping volunteers engaged and your group going’ and ‘support for your group’ – recordings are available. The sessions are informal and relaxed, with someone talking about a topic for around 5-10 mins (could be showing slides/video or just a chat) and then open up for your questions. We’d also love to hear from you in advance if you feel your group has something it can share.
- We will celebrate achievements through the year e.g. through our website/social media channels/newsletter etc.
- For judged entrants - Premier Award, Category Awards, Medal Certificates and Discretionary Awards
- For non-judged entrants - Certificates of Recognition and Discretionary Awards
- Annual celebration event - exclusively for Beautiful Scotland groups; a chance to go on tours, get together with groups across Scotland, share highlights and celebrate your achievements.
- Annual seminar - networking, celebrating and sharing inspiring stories. Explore our 2021 online seminar.
- Regular e-newsletter full of inspiring stories, hints, tips, information and funding links - newsletter example here.
- We’d love groups to let everyone know through social media that they're taking part – for Facebook use @KSBScotland @rhscommunitygardening; and for Twitter use @KSBScotland @RHSBloom #BeautifulScotland #ourbloom in posts so we can react and help spread the word.
- A web page for each group.
- A Beautiful Scotland logo for your use to tell everyone you’re taking part.
- Each year we have an optional theme for groups to focus activities and events around. The theme for 2023 is 'Health and Wellbeing'. Why not get your thinking caps on as to how your group would like to celebrate...We'd love to hear from you if you've already got some great ideas we could share with everyone.
As well as the above, we have a number of resources, guidance and advice which are available to your group throughout the year. These include:
- Our Beautiful Scotland web pages: In the ‘Enter Beautiful Scotland’ section you will find useful websites, previous annual seminar presentations and a resources page which includes promotional material, reports, case studies and entrant support documents. To find out if there are any other groups in your area, which you could get in touch with to support or to work with to ‘join-up’ activities in your community, explore our It's Your Neighbourhood group pages.
- The standard mark sheet outlining the three pillars of Beautiful Scotland – horticultural achievement, environmental responsibility and community participation - with details on what to focus on under each, guidance and examples.
Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) resources
Through KSB’s membership of the RHS Bloom Federation, groups registered in Beautiful Scotland have access to support and resources from the RHS. These include:
- Regular e-newsletter full of inspiring stories from across the UK.
- Discounted insurance.
- Horticultural advice - free access to the RHS advice team who can answer a wide range of horticultural questions relating to your group’s activities. Simply email: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting BiBNA in the subject line. Please note that advisors can only help with queries relating to your group’s activities.
- Online ‘Community Resources’ – you’ll find a wealth of resources such as ‘promoting your group or project’, ‘creating a sensory garden’, through to ‘working with volunteers’.