We can help your organisation learn how the Climate Emergency relates to Scotland's transport sector and how to respond effectively.
Our Accredited Climate Emergency Training for Scotland's Transport Sector will help upskill businesses/organisations and people involved with the sector, so they have the knowledge required to successfully respond to the Climate Emergency and help move towards net zero.
Transport is Scotland's biggest emitting sector at 25% of our greenhouse gas emissions. And with transport emissions climbing again after a drop during the covid-19 lockdowns, it's clear that we need to rethink our travel.
Taking climate action by reducing transport emissions is one of the four main elements of Scotland's National Transport Strategy. And we know that co-benefits of reducing transport emissions can improve health and wellbeing, reduce inequality and lead to more inclusive growth - 3 of the other main elements of the strategy.
Developed in collaboration with transport-sector professionals, find out more below how our this training can help you understand Climate Emergency and respond effectively. Or get in touch with our Environmental Services Manager Katie Murray to commission the training.
Who is this training for?
Your business or organisation might be currently working in the transport sector, supporting actions related to transport, or simply interested in the area.
This training can be delivered for anyone within your organisation, and at any level and role.
Why take this training?
This training will help upskill organisations and people involved with Scotland's transport sector, so they have the knowledge required to successfully respond to the Climate Emergency and help move towards net zero.
We include transport-specific content to help you:
- Understand how Scotland's transport sector will be impacted by climate change.
- Understand greenhouse gas emission sources in Scotland's largest emitting sector and your own organisation.
- Learn how tackling emissions within the transport sector and your organisation can lead to more efficient, cost-effective and resilient operations.
- Find out co-benefits of tackling transport emissions including improved air quality and reduced inequality.
- Understand the science of climate change and the meaning of terms like 'Climate Emergency', ‘global warming’, ‘climate change’, ‘net zero’ and ‘carbon footprint’.
- Become empowered to take practical action on climate change and develop skills and experience you can apply in the transport sector, no matter what your role or level within an organisation.
What certification will you get?
- The course is accredited to meet the Carbon Literacy Standard by the Carbon Literacy Project, and participants that successfully complete the course receive a certificate confirming that they are Carbon Literate.
- Organisations can move towards Carbon Literate Organisation status.
Training delivery and adaption options
- 8 hours of learning over 4 modules, which is delivered online through a combination of interactive live sessions and self-study activities.
- To ensure that the learning is relevant to your context there are opportunities to work with us to insert your own materials
Why train with us for your transport-sector training?
- This transport training has been developed in collaboration with transport-sector professionals and is fully accredited by the Carbon Literacy Project, so you can be assured of the quality of each course.
- We've delivered this training for companies and organisations involved with transport across Scotland, with participants including senior managers involved in transport planning and delivery.
What's the cost of the training?
Training course for cohort of up to 10 participants
Additional participants (up to 5 more per cohort)
£100 per participant
Adaptation fee - work with us to insert your materials
Carbon Literacy certification and administration
£15 per participant
What's the process to develop a course?
Please contact our Environment and Place Services Manager, Katie Murray to discuss your requirements and timescales.
You might also be interested in...
If you want more flexibility with content, we can work you to build and accredite a course that's completely tailored to your context with our Customised Training.
Or you might want to consider our Introductory Training if you want a shorter, introductory level of training.