Carbon Literacy for rural industries
We can help your organisation learn how the Climate Emergency relates to Scotland's rural industries sector and how to respond effectively.
Through our partnership with SAC Consulting (part of Scotland's Rural College), we provide accredited Carbon Literacy training for the rural industries sector.
Delivered in collaboration, our training offers businesses and organisations operating in agricultural, food and drink, and land-based sectors an opportunity to gain a recognised qualification in Carbon Literacy to help futureproof their business and support the drive towards a Net Zero future.
Developed in partnership, using our combined expertise, follow the links below to find out more about how this training can help you embed and support sustainable behaviour changes within your business and sector.
Or get in touch with us at SACcarbonliteracy@keepscotlandbeautiful.org to commission this training.
What will you learn?
This training will help upskill businesses/organisations and people involved with Scotland's agricultural, food and drink, and land-based sectors, so they have the knowledge required to successfully respond to the Climate Emergency and help move towards net zero.
We use sector-specific content to help you:
- Understand how Scotland's rural industries will be impacted by climate change.
- Understand sources of greenhouse gas emissions, in the sector and your organisation
- Learn how tackling emissions within the sector, and your organisation can develop more efficient, cost-effective and resilient operations.
- Find out co-benefits of tackling climate change.
- Understand the science of climate change and the meaning of terms like 'Climate Emergency', ‘global warming’, ‘climate change’, ‘net zero’ and ‘carbon footprint’.
What certification will you get?
- The course is accredited to meet the Carbon Literacy Standard by the Carbon Literacy Project, and participants that successfully complete the course receive a certificate confirming that they are Carbon Literate.
- Organisations can move towards Carbon Literate Organisation status.
Training delivery and adaption options
- 8 hours of learning, covering 4 modules, which is delivered online through a combination of interactive live sessions and self-study activities.
- To ensure that the learning is relevant to your context there are opportunities to work with us to insert your own materials
Why train with us?
- We are working in collaboration with SAC Consulting to deliver training accredited by the Carbon Literacy Project, so you can be assured of the quality of each course.
- We are leading the way in delivering Carbon Literacy qualifications for rural industries in Scotland.
- Our training offers the agricultural, food and drink and land-based sectors an opportunity to help future proof their business and support the drive to Net Zero.
What's the cost of the training?
Starting price (plus VAT) for online training is outlined below.
To deliver the training in-person will include additional costs, such as travel, which we can discuss with you, and outline in your personalised training proposal. We can quote for venue hire and catering on request.
Training course for cohort of up to 10 participants
Additional participants (up to 5 more per cohort)
£100 per participant
Adaptation fee - work with us to insert your materials
Carbon Literacy certification and administration
£15 per participant
What's the process to develop a course?
Please get in touch with us or SAC Consulting to discuss your requirements and timescales.
You might also be interested in...
Learn more about our other sector-based training options.
If you want more flexibility with content, we can work you to build and accredite a course that's completely tailored to your context with our Customised Training
Or you might want to consider our Introductory Training if you want a shorter, introductory level of training.