We can help your local authority learn how the Climate Emergency relates to your area and how to respond effectively.
Local authorities create greenhouse gas emissions from their direct activities, but a much larger amount of emissions are under their influence. So it's clear that local authorities have a very important part to play in helping meet emissions targets.
Developed through work with local authorities across Scotland, find out more below how our Accredited Climate Emergency Training for Scotland's Local Authorities can help you understand Climate Emergency and respond effectively. Or get in touch with our Environmental Services Manager Katie Murray to commission your training.
What will you learn?
This training will help upskill people involved with local authorities, so they have the knowledge required to successfully respond to the Climate Emergency and help move towards net zero.
- Understand how Scotland's local authorities will be impacted by climate change.
- Understand your greenhouse gas emissions and those of your wider local authority area.
- Learn how tackling local authority emissions can develop more efficient, cost-effective and resilient operations.
- Find out co-benefits of tackling emissions, such as improved air quality, reduced fuel poverty, and increased security of supply.
- Understand the science of climate change and the meaning of terms like 'Climate Emergency', ‘global warming’, ‘climate change’, ‘net zero’ and ‘carbon footprint’.
What certification will you get?
- The course is accredited to meet the Carbon Literacy Standard by the Carbon Literacy Project, and participants that successfully complete the course receive a certificate confirming that they are Carbon Literate.
- Organisations can move towards Carbon Literate Organisation status.
Training delivery and adaption options
- 8 hours of learning, covering 4 modules, which is delivered online through a combination of interactive live sessions and self-study activities.
- To ensure that the learning is relevant to your context there are opportunities to work with us to insert your own materials
Why train with us for your energy training?
- This training has been developed in collaboration with energy-sector professionals, and accredited by the Carbon Literacy Project, so you can be assured of the quality of each course.
- We have experience of delivering this Climate Emergency Training to staff from a wide variety of organisations involved with Scotland's energy sector, with some great feedback.
- We've received some fantastic feedback from previous training:
"Strong message delivered very well by the presenters. Easily accessible materials that will impact on my practice both professionally and personally."
"Useful that it was online - of course saving carbon by not having to travel to a central location!."
"Very thought-provoking, got me thinking about what changes I could make both professionally and personally."
Feedback on our Climate Emergency Training for Local Authorities from course participants representing South Lanarkshire Council in 2022/23.
What's the cost of the training?
Starting price (plus VAT) for online training is outlined below.
To deliver the training in-person will include additional costs, such as travel, which we can discuss with you, and outline in your personalised training proposal. We can quote for venue hire and catering on request.
Training course for cohort of up to 10 participants
Additional participants (up to 5 more per cohort)
£100 per participant
Adaptation fee - work with us to insert your materials
Carbon Literacy certification and administration
£15 per participant
What's the process to develop a course?
Please get in touch with our Environment and Place Services Manager, Katie Murray to discuss your requirements and timescales.