We can help your organisation learn how the Climate Emergency relates to Scotland's energy sector and how to respond effectively.
The progress made so far in decarbonising Scotland's energy sector has been one of the success stories for reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
But there's still plenty of action required to ensure we reach our net zero targets for energy in a fair way, and that organisations and people are prepared for the transition.
And with energy efficiency measures, battery storage and renewables presenting opportunities to reduce energy prices and increase security of supply, there are many co-benefits from moving to greener energy.
Developed in collaboration with energy-sector professionals, find out more below how our Accredited Climate Emergency Training for Scotland's Energy Sector can help you understand Climate Emergency and respond effectively. Or get in touch with our Environmental Services Manager Katie Murray. to commission this training.
What will you learn?
This training will help upskill businesses/organisations and people involved with Scotland's energy sector, so they have the knowledge required to successfully respond to the Climate Emergency and help move towards net zero.
We use sector-specific content to help you:
- Understand how Scotland's energy sector will be impacted by climate change.
- Understand sources of greenhouse gas emissions, in the sector and your organisation
- Learn how tackling emissions within the sector, and your organisation can develop more efficient, cost-effective and resilient operations.
- Find out co-benefits of tackling energy emissions, such as reducing energy prices and fuel poverty, while increasing security of supply.
- Understand the science of climate change and the meaning of terms like 'Climate Emergency', ‘global warming’, ‘climate change’, ‘net zero’ and ‘carbon footprint’.
What certification will you get?
- The course is accredited to meet the Carbon Literacy Standard by the Carbon Literacy Project, and participants that successfully complete the course receive a certificate confirming that they are Carbon Literate.
- Organisations can move towards Carbon Literate Organisation status.
Training delivery and adaption options
- 8 hours of learning, covering 4 modules, which is delivered online through a combination of interactive live sessions and self-study activities.
- To ensure that the learning is relevant to your context there are opportunities to work with us to insert your own materials
Why train with us for your energy training?
- This training has been developed in collaboration with energy-sector professionals, and accredited by the Carbon Literacy Project, so you can be assured of the quality of each course.
- We have experience of delivering this Climate Emergency Training to staff from a wide variety of organisations involved with Scotland's energy sector, with some great feedback:
"Great course, well presented and relevant."
"It has been extremely valuable to underpin the work I have already been doing in this space and has given me additional confidence."
I" thought I was pretty well versed in the subject but the training was an eye opener."
Participants at Climate Emergency Training for Scotland's Energy Sector we delivered for Scottish Power in 2022.
What's the cost of the training?
Starting price (plus VAT) for online training is outlined below.
To deliver the training in-person will include additional costs, such as travel, which we can discuss with you, and outline in your personalised training proposal. We can quote for venue hire and catering on request.
Training course for cohort of up to 10 participants
Additional participants (up to 5 more per cohort)
£100 per participant
Adaptation fee - work with us to insert your materials
Carbon Literacy certification and administration
£15 per participant
What's the process to develop a course?
Please get in touch with our Environment and Place Services Manager, Katie Murray to discuss your requirements and timescales.
You might also be interested in...
Learn more about our other sector-based training options.
If you want more flexibility with content, we can work you to build and accredite a course that's completely tailored to your context with our Customised Training
Or you might want to consider our Introductory Training if you want a shorter, introductory level of training.